We Are Scientists @ Neumos


After the RZA interview, I was a little wary of getting to another artist interview early. Unfortunately no matter how much I try not to be, I always am. Luckily Motzo and another one of our PA's Kyle were there already. We sat in the bar for a bit waiting and enjoying happy hour prices ($3 for Dewars, $3 pints!) and I took a few shots with my camera. It was really dark in the bar so I was playing with my settings. The above picture was a zoomed in shot of the top shelf of the bar. I cropped the heck out of it as most of the shot was black and added some fun effects from Photoshop. I thought it looked like a panoramic of a city.


The band wasn't very late at all, we were supposed to meet at 8 pm and around 8:10 we got a call from the tour manager that they were ready for us. We walked through the venue to the backstage area and passed many curious and jealous fans. The band was seated in one of the green rooms (there are three at Neumos and they had two opening acts) with a laptop in front of them trying to figure out where a good book store was in the area.


We set up quickly and closed the doors to the green room. It was stupidly hot in there with the lights on, but even though I was sweating and a bit nervous I asked them questions with ease. Both Keith and Chris were funny and stupidly quick witted. Every answer they gave it was like a well rehearsed play and I had a hard time not laughing out loud. I didn't get to take many pictures, in fact I only shot the two. The above one is my favorite though, even if I had taken many I think this would have been my favorite. It caught them in a moment where, even though there is a full camera crew in front of them, they are just being their normal selves.

We interviewed them for a good 30 minutes, which was great because usually we don't get that much time with a band before their show. We didn't stay for the show, I've been feeling a little under the weather and thought it would be best if I went home to sleep, but I'm really glad I got the chance to meet We Are Scientists. I hope to get some video footage from our producer soon so I can post it along with the pictures.

Please check out their website, myspace and watch their new video Chick Lit on youtube.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are so getting seduced by the power. Tisk, tisk. Although it is respectable if you head in that direction.