Black and White

I'm at a loss for words today.

I've tried to write a few things, but my head just isn't in it. Maybe my brain is frozen. I'm sitting at my desk in a down parka and my nose is still chilly.

Even the cold didn't keep Panda and Kobna from shooting for yet another night. After some car shopping we headed over to a location that Panda had scoped out from the weekend. I attempted a few shots that I wanted to get but didn't because it was raining.

zoooom burst as well

In the plaza was a large tree, lit up in dark red strands. I played around with zoom burst and was happy with the above shot. However, I've been trying to work with black and whites so I decided to play around with it in photoshop.

What I love most about converting to black and white is the color curve. I don't see certain colors until I reduce them on the scale and they slowly turn lighter or darker. This particular shot interested me because although the tree looked red, the orange came out in the finished product and when converted you can distinctly see the color running vertically through the shot.

drawing zoom

I took a quick snapshot of the weather when we were out. Damn, it was cold.


Comments