Let It Snow

I don't even know why I came into work today. I hate my job as of late and seeing how beautiful it is outside makes me hate being here even more. As an "f you" to my company, I figured I'd spend my time posting my pictures from yesterday.

Snow was in the forecast Wednesday night and Panda needed help retreating his 4x4 so he asked me to embark on a trip up north to get it. I knew snow was coming but I thought my little girl could handle it, bald tires and all. I was having a fun time of it, however coming up an overpass onto the 405 there were some stalled cars that caused me to slow. I'm sure had I the momentum I would have been able to make it up and over, but the slowing caused me to lose traction and I spun out on top of the over pass. It took super Panda and two other youngins to get me out.

There was no snow in the Seattle / Bellevue area so I decided to head home for the night. I woke up around 5:00 am to a deafening thunder crack and looked outside as the snow started to fall. By 6:30 there was 6 inches on the ground. I called the President of my company and said "I think it's a snow day!" and then texted Panda to come get me because we needed to go play!

snow wall

While waiting for him to pick me up I took a few shots of my block. This is right outside the door to my building. I love the simplicity of it. I'm having so much fun with black and white, but this would look great as a color shot as well.

palm tree slide

There is a set of palm tree's across the street from me and I love that they had snow on them. I wondered what the tree's were thinking. I can't imagine they are used to snow. Did they call their cousins down in Florida and say "You'll never guess what I'm standing in".

drawing snow

Panda retrieved me and we proceeded to a few spots in Bellevue and let our cameras run wild. It was coooooold, wet and snowing like crazy.

walking in a...

I loved this pathway and with the three ladies walking in the shot I thought it was a perfect capture of what I was seeing. The near white out conditions proved to be a fun and challenging adventure for me. I will play with this picture a little more later to lighten up the trees, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it.

snow birdie

Heading over to the blueberry fields I noticed these little birdies playing in the trees, trying to grab the last of the seeds and fruit before they were frozen over. They were quick little guys and I stood in a foot of snow waiting for them to stop long enough for me to get them. I switched to manual focus and with some luck I was able to get this shot.

We headed home to get warm and then after putting up the tree we ventured back out into the cold. I don't have those processed yet, but they will be coming soon. My co-workers have started playing Rock Band, so it looks like it's time for me to get the heck out of here. All weekend I'll be shooting so stay tuned!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm a Birdie too!!!!