Flickr has been good to me

I've got some new ideas a brewin' so I'm taking a few days to work on them and explore a different side of my photography. I've been tasked with an assignment and I've been slowly putting it together.

In the meantime, I wanted to mention a couple things. Flickr has been a fun site for me and although you have to take each comment with a grain of salt, it's nice to get opinions on my photos from people I don't know. My Flickr DNA has let me know that two of my photos have been showcased in Explore. With 5,248 photos uploaded in just the time that you've read up till this point that's a pretty good feat, I think! I'm happy because they are two of my favorite photos.

Also, two of my photos were added to Schmap for the world trade center in downtown and also Lakeview Cemetery on Capitol Hill. Both terrible pictures, but cool to be included. I also had a photo added to the Seattle PI during the floods. Again, all silly little things but it's fun to have some of my stuff out there even if it is just pointing and shooting.

I still don't think I'm any good, but I'm learning every day and the idea that I understand why some photos I take are crap actually gives me hope. I've had fun learning technically, now I'm ready to start learning artistically. I'm excited to see what comes from it.

Comments