A Soggy Sunday On The Ledge

I was peacefully laying in my comfortable bed when a call jolted me from my warmth. The voice on the other end demanded I get up, throw on clothes and go outside. I was on my way to the George with Justin and he wasn't taking no for an answer. Seems as though most of my friends are not letting me mope and shut myself in, for which I'm very grateful.

If you were ever wondering where to find drunk ex-pats at 10:00 am on a Sunday morning, look no further than the George and Dragon pup in Fremont. After a yummy and cheap breakfast of bacon and a fried egg on a roll, massive amounts of coffee (I decided not to partake in a pint before noon) and a loss by Tottham we were off to the next adventure.

I'd been wanting to do a quick hike this weekend and Justin obliged me in a quick jaunt to Rattlesnake Ridge. Honestly, I didn't think he would go. It was rainy, cold and getting late in the day but he was up for the journey.

As this was Panda country, and I haven't hiked with anyone besides the black and white bear, he was on my mind. The lake is very full with all the run off and I was remembering that just a short month ago we were standing on the shore, freezing as the sun set, trying to capture a bald eagle that would only majestically fly when he wasn't watching it through the lens of his camera. He's come along way in the last month with their stupid eagle asses. I missed him today.

I was tired going up the trail and had to stop a few times. I was surprised and a little frustrated as I had come so far over the summer and could have run up to that damn ledge in September. It's funny what a couple months will do to you if you don't exercise and drink massive amounts of liquor. I knew that this hike would be my gauge for my endurance level right now, and boy do I have some work to do.

The trail was wet, the ledge covered in clouds. I took no pictures, but the hike was great. It's always nice to go out, and now I know that I can trust another person up on a mountain. Even if he mocks my stride a little. I mean really, did you have to walk backwards in front of me? Ass... :)

Comments