discovery and an anniversary of sorts

sticky situation

I've decided I don't really like Discovery Park. I've been there twice now and both times it's invoked a feeling of dread that I can't get passed. I was walking along the beach, a beautiful Saturday with a clear blue sky and I was trying to find a shot that captured how I felt about the place. I looked to my right and took the above picture. I think it says it all.

walking

Maybe it will be different in the spring. I've seen pictures of daisies and we all know how I feel about them. I'll try my luck again once the sun stays a little higher in the sky.

giant head

That evening I met up with a friend and after many drinks, a dicks cheeseburger and Brazil, Discovery Park was a distant memory. The walk home in the early morning brought a beautiful sight. The hill was engulfed in fog and I wandered the streets in amazement but the temptation to grab my camera was over-ruled by my need to sleep.

lighthouse

My morning rest was interrupted by mom, who found herself in the hospital again. This time...heart attack. It never really stops, I guess. I'm getting better at dealing with it.

Grammy Sunday arrived and I was excited that I finally had a reason to dress up. I put on heels and picked up Casey and after watching a U-Haul truck purposely hit a lady on the street we arrived at the show. The night marked a 6 year friendship anniversary for my dear Casey and I. I couldn't think of a better way to spend it.

For Lucas, the below video so you don't have to search for it. The only time I've ever in my life wished that I was in a marching band...and that I went to USC...


Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sorry to hear about your mom stace. Both of you are still always in my prayers