lost?



Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I will cross

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve
No better and no worse

I just got lost
Every river that I've tried to cross
And every door I ever tried was locked
And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off...

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause along may come
A bigger one
And you'll be lost

Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off
And I'm just waiting till the firing starts
And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off



Come on, oh my star is fading
I swerve out of control
If I'd, if I'd only waited
I'd not be stuck here in this hole.

Come here, oh my star is fading
and I swerve out of control
And I swear I waited and waited
I've got to get out of this hole.

But time is on your side, it's on your side now
Not pushing you down and all around
It's no cause for concern

Come on, oh my star is fading
And I see no chance of release
And I know I'm dead on the surface
But I'm screaming underneath

And time is on your side, it's on your side now
Not pushing you down and all around
No, It's no cause for concern

Stuck on the end of this ball and chain
And I'm on my way back down again
Stood on a bridge, tied to the noose
Sick to the stomach
You can say what you mean
but it won't change a sin
I'm sick of the secrets
Stood on the edge
tied to the noose

You came along and you cut me loose




I am not too cool to appreciate and even completely love Coldplay. As much as they have been lumped into lifestyle music, there are certain songs that elicit a feeling in me that I can't even begin to explain. I've been listening to them all evening while enjoying Jack and Coke and I'm reminded why the one "personality" that I wanted to meet when I moved to LA was Chris Martin. As much as a tool as everyone might think he is, I "monkey fighting" appreciate the effort he puts into each song. It's brilliant, and if I hadn't been exhausted that one day at Hear Music I might have actually said hello to him instead of walking right by. And sure, his wife may be annoying as fuck, but she did a show in Spain with Mario Batali and that's good enough for me.

Comments