Mt. Saint Helens

As I mentioned in a previous post, I took a trip on Memorial Day to Mt. Saint Helens. I'd never been there, it was a beautiful day and I was in desperate need of a drive.

I'm allergic to volcanos
"I'm allergic to volcanoes"

Other than the whole "yes we know it blew up in 1980, yes there was ash and stuff everywhere, i know I know...how can I have not seen Mt. St. Helens when I lived in Washington for 25 years of my life, and really, seriously pho? never had it? what is wrong with you?" conversation, there isn't much to say about the drive. It was beautiful, there were many "holy shite that's gorgeous" moments, but my favorite was probably when I rounded a corner and saw a breathtaking view of Mt. St. Helens with Mt. Rainer in the background. Two stunning volcanoes just there, in front of me, like "Hi, I'm awesome and can blow up at any minute, worship me".

river of debris
"river of debris" polaroid

Really, the drive was about listening to music and contemplating the new title I'd been given that morning. Not many people can handle an entire day of DMB (or one song for that matter...damn) but I love it. Plus I had promised Dane a full review of the new album, which was provided yesterday and a lot easier than I thought it would be to write. And since the tall one isn't following my blog as of late I can safely say that I pretty much couldn't stop smiling the whole freaking day. Words like us, we and our flow so easily from him. Never have personal pronouns elicited a physical reaction in me but seriously every time I see one come through in a text my face lights up.

lillypads
"lillypads"

I didn't do any hiking, but did notice quite a few trails. I'll be excited to come back a little later in the year for a camping trip.

Comments