space needle

Friday morning I met my family down at Glaziers as Carolyn's Mamiya had jammed while she was down in Oregon and I suggested the best camera shop in town to help her. After they fixed the problem we headed over to the Seattle Center.

up the elevator

George and I tried to talk Blake and Jolie into going up in the Space Needle, but in the end only Lauren wanted to join us. Carolyn stayed with Blake and Jolie and Lauren, George and I went up to the top.

lauren at the top

Lauren loooved it at the top and we wandered around the observation deck a few times, pausing to check out the ferries, pointing out the different neighborhoods and watching the seaplanes take off and land.

running from the water

After coming down and finding the rest of the family, we headed over to the fountain to watch the water and listen to music. I took the girls down into the fountain and we had fun running in and out of the water, trying to touch the actual fountain before we got soaked.

smart jolie

Jolie and I made it out with only our feet wet, but Lauren was soaked! It made for nice cool hugs later, as the weather was pretty warm and if you squeezed Lauren she would make you feel a bit more cool :)

carolyn the photog

Carolyn had a great set up, which included her Canon and Mamiya, and it was great to have another photographer with me. I love just shooting randomly and I'm sure between the two of us we got soooo many shots. I can't wait to hang out with her next week down in LA and show her some little photography tricks!

the fam and the needle

I don't think words can express how great it was to have my family up here, to be able to show them my home, my neighborhood, my city. I'm still at a loss for words because the love I felt from them was so overwhelming.

After heading over to Stephie's rehearsal dinner I picked up the kids from Aversano's in Sumner, where they were having dinner with their parents. It was amazing to me that the restaurant was still there. I remember eating pizza there when I was in high school! We headed back to my place where they stayed the night, and we played Wii into the wii (tee hee) hours of the morning.

Comments

I have lived in Washington for 23 years and I have still yet to go to the top of the Space Needle. Although, I admit I used to be a little jealous of my brothers who can say they've peed on the space needle (it was after a Nirvana concert).
stacy marie said…
hahahaha! they peed on it? crazy!!

I've been up there more times than I can count. I'm a big fan of being a tourist in my own city. If you ever need a tour guide, just let me know :)