tattered prayers

Things have been interesting for little ole' me these last 10 days or so. After struggling to stay positive this last week after a big loss I decided to stay in all weekend with the tall one and watch BSG, cook meals for each other and snuggle. All was well until Sunday evening when I came down with quite the infection which had me doubled up in pain. Drugs are slowly helping me get better but they have made me groggy and spacey. Try as I might, I couldn't get the tall one to leave my side and I can't thank him enough for it.

tattered prayers

Monday I received a call from my Mom telling me, last minute of course, that she wants to come stay with me for a week and go to my cousin's wedding. I called my aunt and uncle to discuss it, and my uncle called me back to inform me that he doesn't want my mom to come up. Not because of his feelings, but for my sake. He said "it'll cause too much stress for you and you don't need it."

I feel so freaking blessed right now to have such great people in my life. It was a hard call with my mom, and I still feel a lot of guilt, but I know it's for the best right now.

stained

I took a different road home yesterday and passed by this church that looked abandoned. I grabbed my camera and walked back over to take some shots. I think buildings are my Achilles heel. I couldn't get a good shot to save my life, but I did notice one thing that was not my fault; the whole building was crooked. I'm not sure if it was sinking into the land, but it was very much off. As I was grabbing some frames people started showing up at the church. It's actually still used, which I found amazing. I hope to visit it again when my skills improve.

Sorry for the scattered post. I blame the drugs :)

Comments