Happy Birthday

I love that your birthday is in October. Your adoration for costumes and parties are accentuated during this time of year and with the leaves changing from the bright green of summer to the deep yellows of fall I couldn't think of a better time for you to celebrate your transition into a new year. A lot has happened to you this month; you've taken on a new responsibility which I couldn't be more proud of you for, you've watched your best friend get married and you've changed my life in ways that I couldn't even begin to explain.

There is a reason you are listed as a personal hero to many people in your circle of friends. They all look to you with a respect and admiration that amazes me. Your family, as rambunctious as their personalities can be, are amazingly stable and shockingly normal. When we spend time with them I'm always amazed at how you reflect each personality. Your aunt says you hand picked all the obnoxious traits, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I find all your quirks to be totally endearing. Even when you attack my belly button...which is now in writing so I'll never be able to complain again :)

Thank you for your continued support of me and for sharing your amazing life with me. I'm more than happy to give up the entire month of October in celebration of you!

(ok...I still want my day...but other than that...)

Happy Birthday, tall one. I hope your day(s) is/are as amazing as you are!

sppoky tree

Comments