what the momma tomato said to the baby tomato

I'm attempting to "ketchup" with some of my photos because I haven't been posting as much as I'd like to. I realized that most of my posts used to be done in the evening, with a glass of wine in hand, away from the pressures of work and completely alone with my thoughts. However now my posts are mostly thrown together at work so that I have time at the end of the day to cook a lovely meal and snuggle in the arms of an adorable man while watching Top Gear. And I'm perfectly happy with that, so dear readers I hope you don't mind fewer words and more pictures. The days of my long winded posts may be over!

Otter Falls

Marten Creek pm

After their trip to Hawaii and hiking on one of the island we were finally able to talk Dodi and Michael into hiking with us...although I do believe it'll be the last long hike they do, sadly. I was really excited to have another couple to hike with and I love spending time with them, but I think we will be regulated to camping trips from now on.



There was still fun to be had. Along the trail Michael continued to upgrade his walking stick until he was basically carrying a small tree up the trail. Dodi put the kabosh on that and insisted the tree be put down. So he threw it down a ravine...a few times with a few different sticks :)

Otter Falls from stacy davis on Vimeo.



There is this scene in Pretty Woman where Richard Gere is trying to explain opera to Julia Roberts and he said "People's reactions to opera the first time they see it is very dramatic; they either love it or they hate it. If they love it, they will always love it. If they don't, they may learn to appreciate it, but it will never become part of their soul."

That's how I feel about hiking. I feel like I'm not complete if I'm not in the mountains and no matter how hard the trail is, how much I hate it when I'm doing it, how hurt I feel on that last gosh darn mile of hell before I finally return to the trailhead, I'm always glad I did it. Some people don't feel that way and I think Dodi may be one of them. But I'm super duper glad she loves camping so I'm hoping to drag them up to Mowitch Lake for some camping and hiking. We'll see...

Carrie Rodriguez

fiddle

Yesterday Carrie Rodriguez and her guitar player (can't remember his name, sigh) came in to the office to do a quick interview and performance. Since I usually take stills for our website one of the editors asked me if I could film some b-roll for the interview so I switched my camera to live view and proceeded to learn a new aspect of my camera....and boy do I suck at it.

Carrie Rodriguez from stacy davis on Vimeo.



looking on bw

Traveling

europe

Speaking of Hawaii...the tall one and I are planning a trip to Oahu at the end of April for a wedding. Not ours, even though his family and friends would love for it to be. The amount of marriage talk we've been getting lately is out of control.

And...also...well...EUROPE!! YAY EUROPE!! We are planning a trip overseas to many different countries, so many that it's freaking me out. I've never been off the continental US and now I'm not only going to Hawaii but I'm going to be on two different continents, Europe and Asia!!

I. Can't. Wait!!!

Boy is this going to be a busy year :-)

Comments

mood indigo said…
Looked like good photos to me. Carrie Rodriguez' guitarist is Hans Holzen. He's a world-class instrumentalist in his own rite, we're lucky to have him playing w/her. Thanks for sharing le pics!
stacy marie said…
thank you so much for stopping by! Hans was lovely and they harmonize perfectly, it was great having them in the offices if only for a couple songs.

Cheers!