guest photographers

Last Saturday evening I sat in a quiet house that smelled of lemon and melons after hours of cleaning. As the tall one slept off his vicodin from the root canal he'd endured for 3 boring hours, I pondered the upcoming evening. I wondered who would come, would we have enough food, would Justin show up or would I have to send him a grumpy text, would people be ok with me taking pictures, would everyone have fun??

I lit a fire, opened the door to Sharon who arrived early to help me put the finishing touches on the house, gently woke up the tall one, the birthday boy arrived...and then everyone else. It was so much fun, there was so much alcohol, and Justin did show up with Amanda so no text necessary. And best of all? My camera passed through the hands of many that evening, here are a few fun shots. I have no idea who took what!
















GAH! This picture kills me every time. Cutest pouters ever!
















We had about 30 people in the house, which was a great turn out. Birthday candles had been forgotten, so we used a tea light.
















I WILL EAT YOUR FACE!!!
























He's so cute!!

....he'll light you on fire....but he's sooo cute!!
























I have no idea what I'm doing...
















Justin and Amanda brought a housewarming gift for us: a grocery bag filled with Cosmo, Nerds, Gobstoppers, condoms and B vitamins...for stamina. Best. Gift. Ever....weirdos.


I think Michael had a nice birthday, and the party went really well. Totally worthy of a birthday squish.

The tall one will once again be in the dentist chair this weekend so Saturday I'll be all by my lonesome. I've decided to hike the Lake 22 trail, with hopefully a stop at Heather Lake. Keep an eye out for the trip report!

Comments