Every Year At This Time

This feels like writing on the facebook wall of Bries or my Mom. Like posting every year on their birthday. Their death day. 

After a year of Covid, a year of staying in, a year of discovering what I really want out of life, a year of loss, a year of new possibilities, a year of new traditions, a year of new memories, it's no wonder that just a few days ago I had a flood of old memories of the last 12 years hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I felt like a new world opened up to me at the end of a year where the whole world shut down. 

I hope this time has been transformative for me. I'd love to start writing here again. I tried using a new, fancy website but the idea of going through my archives just felt exhausting and not healthy emotionally. 

Let's see what happens. 

Comments